Wednesday 24 September 2014

Sans Serif- 'Deo'



As a bit of a 'newbie' to Typography and all of it's technical terms. I must admit when this weeks task was set to photograph Sans Serif fonts we like, I had to have a quick Google search to find out exactly what it meant. Within just a couple of seconds it was all explained to me. Sans serif means without serifs, so basically the opposite to the font I am typing with right now. All strokes are the same width throughout, much like fonts such as Century Gothic.

The font on this deodorant bottle I liked in particular because it didn't try to do anything fancy to try and boast the product like other brands do. The colouring and letter placement is very simple but still effective. Some may say it's quite bland and boring, however to me it seems modern and clean. The different weights and spacing of the font also work well, as not to be too harsh along with the bold writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment