Thursday 25 September 2014

Sans Serif- 'SALE'


This might been seen as cheating as I actually took this picture around Christmas time in Manchester, so I'll apologise in advance.
It may also be seen as killing more than two birds with one stone as there is a lot of different Sans Serif fonts within the same picture, but that's what drew me to it.
Going from the red 'Sale' in the window, with 'Wood' above it in a completely different style font that still sits well with the background of the neon lights, bar sign and also the hand writing in the background adds a nice touch to which if I'm not mistake is an all Sans Serif image. Even the burglar alarms are sporting the Sans!
To other onlookers and people that are a bit more experienced in graphic design as I, I feel like the mis mash works pretty well, especially the two I already picked up on in the foreground of the image.
Bright and bold capitalised 'SALE' almost quite rectangular and structured, stuck onto a clear window making it something that instantly stands out as you walk past any shop along with the circular looking equally as bold text.
Seeing this shows me that it isn't a bad thing to play around with different fonts in the same workspace, as long as they compliment eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment