Sunday 28 September 2014

Sans Serif- Good News



This font is quite a contrast to the one in my previous post. Even though it's in caps like the former, it's a lot more elegant, classic and delicate and carries itself well. It seems similar to Century Gothic, although I could be wrong here in the eyes of a typographer. 
To say I appreciate this font is something, but if I would have been asked to reflect the shops window display and style I would not have chosen this one. Underneath the font in question is a font which looks hand written and raw which I think matches well, however the other doesn't. 
In my opinion this font is very effortless but doesn't reflect the store and it's style well. I would expect this to be on the window of a shop with bright lights and quite a clinical look. Although I must admit this picture doesn't show either the typography or window display off well, I don't think the designer has done a good job with distinguishing the shop's style through the graphics and font used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment